Photography: You Can't Pay For Better Therapy!

Photography: You can't pay for better therapy! Nothing clears a worried mind, heals a broken heart, or frees your thoughts more than picking up a camera. There is beauty all around you, if only you open your eyes to see it.

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Smallest Things In Life Can Have the Greatest Impact...

A couple of months back, I decided to make some changes in my life.  Out with the old and in with the new, so to speak.  I had the best of intentions for a while, but I was just shy of making the commitment.  Then, one day, something happened.  One small, random thing, but it was exactly the push I needed. 
Some of the life decisions were tough.  As difficult as it was, I did some necessary "life house-cleaning".  And I started doing some things for me.  I changed my eating habits and started a fitness regimen, with a goal of getting healthy.  (As a sidenote:  I am proud to say that yesterday, I put on a pair of jeans that were a size smaller.  And they fit.  :)  A small milestone, but a milestone in the right direction.) 

The 'get healthy' goal has become a main focus of mine.  To stay on task with the exercise part, I knew I had to find things that I enjoyed doing.  The Loop at Wrightsville Beach was an obvious choice.  A. I love the smell of ocean air.  B. It's a great way for me to enjoy the beach, despite a busy schedule.  C. Since it's a 'loop', you can't give up halfway through- how else do you get back to your car??  D. And, its 2.45 mile circular stretch of sidewalk takes you past some beautiful scenery. 



I walk/run the Loop at least a few times each week.  Sometimes early in the morning, sometimes in the evening.  But every time, I admire the beauty surrounding me.  And I make a mental note to return sometime with my camera.  So yesterday, I finally did.  :)








Meet Hank, 23 years old. 
Hank rides on the handlebars of his owner's red bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment